Today, I present you with the top ten funniest football quotes of all time.
The quotes come from former coaches, players, commentators, and writers.
Check them out and tell me what you think.
1) John Madden, Former Coach/Player/Announcer: “Hey, the offensive linemen are the biggest guys on the field, they’re bigger than everybody else, and that’s what makes them the biggest guys on the field.”
2) Luke Salisbury, Writer: “Watching football is like watching pornography. There’s plenty of action, and I can’t take my eyes off it, but when it’s over, I wonder why the hell I spent an afternoon doing it.”
3) George Rogers, RB, New Orleans Saints: “I want to rush for 1,000 or 1,500 yards, whichever comes first””
4) Merle Kessler, Writer: “Football players, like prostitutes, are in the business of ruining their bodies for the pleasure of strangers.”
5) Jerry Rice, WR, San Fransisco 49ers: “I feel like I’m the best, but you’re not going to get me to say that.”
6) Dave Barry, Humor Columnist: “Sharks are as tough as those football fans who take their shirts off during games in Chicago in January, only more intelligent.”
7) Bo Jackson, RB, Oalkand Raiders: “If my mother put on a helmet and shoulder pads and a uniform that wasn’t the same as the one I was wearing, I’d run over her if she was in my way. And I love my mother.”
8) William “The Fridge Perry”, DL, Chicago Bears: “I’ve been big ever since I was little.”
9) Terry Bradshaw, QB, Pittsburgh Steelers: “I may be dumb, but I’m not stupid.”
10) Paul Tagliabue, Former NFL Commissioner: “I’m a firm believer that all sports will eventually be global. Someday, we may have a quarterback from China named Yao Fling.”
What do you think about the top ten?
Which ones are really the funniest?